My Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

a week

okay...it's been about a week since i decided to change things up in my workouts and eating. things i've noticed:

i should be getting right between 2500 - 3000 calories per day.

on sunday i weighed myself and i weighed 264 lbs. i was disappointed. that meant i gained 9 pounds.

BUT

in the last two days i've focused on drinking LOTS more water [and peeing profusely]. i weighed myself tonight and to my amazement i weight 254 lb.!!!!!!! i lost 10 pounds in two days just by drinking more water. i didn't change anything in my eating at all! i confess - i have not concentrated on drinking water in my diet the last month. i'm anxious to see what happens in the next week.

my workouts have been intense. what i've been doing differently is taking a day of rest after two intense day workouts. like i'll do upper body on one day - the next i'll do abs then i'll rest a day. i'm finding that my body needs the rest to recover. plus all i've been reading says that your muscles grow during rest and sleep. so even though i wanna go into the gym 7 days a week and workout like crazy i'm thinking it's not the best thing for me and my goals: to gain muscle and lose body fat.

tonight i did legs and i realized i didn't have the right amount of energy to accomplish what i wanted. in the middle of my workout i went and got a protein shake. it helped but i know next time when i have a big workout i need to juice up for it so i have the energy to make it happen.

yesterday i had a great intense AB and lower back workout. i'm feeling it today. it's good.

tomorrow i am planning on upper body.

as for the bootcamp in central park: the trainer never called me back so that's that. i think it worked out for the best. i need to concentrate on the weightlifting and get my rest to recover.

in doing a mirror test. yeah, i'm still flabby but it seems a little better. i think i am losing some fat. stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment