My Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, July 24, 2009

experiment with fat

over the last week i have been experimenting with my diet. my big complaint is that i haven't been able to keep muscle on. i work out like crazy only to feel tired and flabby. big frustration - you can't believe.

so, i got some great almonds from trader joe's a week ago. mmmmm...delicious. these things are great. so i was snacking on them, maybe more than i should have because they are so yummy. so i'm feeling eater's remorse the net day....but i think i may have stumbled on something.

i am taking art of strength class at my gym. this class is very intense as it combines weights and cardio for a full hour workout. i get thru the class - but barely. the big test for me is the push ups and doing as many as i can in a minute. so last week after i was snacking on the wonderful almonds from tj's i noticed that i was getting thru my pushups and i knocked out 10 more than required! wow oh wow. i'm onto something here.

tonight i went to the gym and did arms and shoulders. an amazing workout. amazing. my arms are firmer than they have ever been before. it's like my body has muscle memory. finally!

so my goal is to eat more fat in my diet and take it easy on the carbs. i'm not for an adkins diet. but i think there is something to be said about me getting more fat into my diet, maybe more so than someone else. and i love nuts. so now i'm chowing on sunflower seeds. also i noticed that if i have carbs in the evening, the next day i feel flabby, but if i have just protein and lots of nuts, i am firm and energized in the morning.

so i think i'm about to revolutionize my eating.

lots of carbs are bad for me.
just going on vegetables and protein is bad, too.
but this fat thing is maybe the key. i'm excited to see how this plays out. stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment